Tuesday, March 4

Reasons for the Writing Careers Blog


By E.W.

There are some people on the Gustavus campus who have their lives planned out. They know what they want to major in before even stepping into their first class, they have laid down a path for the next four years, and they even have their dream job all picked out. And then there are people like me. I sort knew I wanted to be an English major. But that’s about all I’ve figured out in the last two and half years. I would like to do something with my writing, but I always come back to the same question: What?

With a little research and talking with those on and off campus, I have begun to discover what is out there for students who want to use their writing skills after they graduate but aren’t exactly sure where they could use them. If you check out this blog, hopefully you’ll find something you might be interested in, or at the very least you start to think of where you want to go with the writing skills you are working so hard to perfect.

If you feel you want more help, setting up a meeting with an English professor might turn you in the right direction. Also, feel free to talk to the staff in the CSL for more career advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment